Bairro Alto Hotel in Lisbon – its central location in Lisbon
Bairro Alto Hotel is located in the heart of historic downtown, between two of the most emblematic districts: the bohemian Bairro Alto area and Chiado, the chic, cultural and trendy area.
In central Lisbon - This is where it all happens!
From the hotel, located in Praça Luís de Camões, you can walk to the main points of interest in Lisbon:
- It´s right next to the major theaters - São Carlos and São Luís
- Chiado Museum (MNAC)
- MUDE - Design and Fashion Museum
- Basília dos Martires (Church)
- Igreja da Encarnação (Church)
- two steps away from the most famous pastry shop in Lisbon, "The Brazilian", close to the mythical ice cream shop "Santini"
- near the alternative shops in Bairro Alto, the trendy ones in Chiado and shops on Avenida da Liberdade.
- Tram 28 right at the door, which seemingly takes you back in time, through the 7 hills of Lisbon and to the main sights of the city.
For more detailed information about theaters, museums, churches, restaurants, etc. please see “What’s on”
Getting to Bairro Alto Hotel Lisbon
Bairro Alto Hotel Lisboa
Praça Luís de Camões, N.º2
TEL (351) 21 340 82 20
FAX (351) 21 340 82 29
Lat: 38.71027 Lon: -9.14333
Lisbon Airport / Hotel - the cab ride from Portela airport to the hotel takes about 20 minutes.
Metro - exit Baixa-Chiado, Blue and Green line, 100 meters from the hotel.
If you come by car:
From the South of Portugal - A2 to Lisbon, exit at Alcântara, follow Av. 24 de Julho to Cais do Sodré. Go up Rua do Alecrim to Praça Luís Camões.
From the North of Portugal - A1 to Lisbon, take the 2º Circular to Eixo Norte-Sul. Exit heading towards Alcantara via Avenida de Ceuta. Take Av.24 de Julho to Cais do Sodré and go up Rua do Alecrim to Praça Luís de Camões.